» DCS Dev Blog: Alpha Client Edition
Azrael talks about our brand-spankin’-new Alpha client, and some of the milestones we had to reach to get there.
If you haven’t registered to test yet, now’s the time to get in line. :)
» VShift: Ask the Art Department
Got a question for Double Cluepon’s artistry peeps? Hop on over to our VShift site and ask away!
(And while you’re at it, feel free to ask any other questions in the forum proper. We’re eager to hear what you’re thinking!)
» What is Emerald Kingdom?
With Emerald Kingdom, we aim to eliminate some of the more frustrating features that seem to plague MMOs of late. Everyone at Double Cluepon has played games, we all have opinions on what needs to be fixed and we consider it our job to rectify those issues.
For instance, Emerald Kingdom’s features will include:
- No class lock. Explore new classes as you please.
- A dynamic, linear story that updates frequently, and moves forward. No waiting for “patches” or “expansions”.
- Unlike other games, Emerald Kingdom will pay special attention to merchant and crafting aspects.
- The Mark System: a way to both buff your skills and get involved with the story at the same time.
- Minimal forward facing numeric display: Game play is more centered around skill, than clicks of a mouse.
- Real Free to Play Micro-Transaction Payment System. No Monthly Subscription Fees.
If you’re interested, try checking out the VShift, our portal into the world of Emerald Kingdom. There you can browse our forums, ask questions and generally see what goes into the game’s production. We aim to keep an open door and we’d love to hear what everyone has to say!
-The Double Cluepon Studios staff